To receive regular newsletters on matters relating to High Blood
Pressure, please complete the following details:

:
:

Service provided by GetResponse Autoresponders

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blood Pressure Monitors

When I was re-diagnosed as still having very high blood pressure, my doctor recommended me to buy a home BP monitor. I have found this to be a very useful tool in monitoring my progress. They are not for everyone, particularly if you are going to get paranoid and start taking your BP every 5 minutes! BP varies throughout the day and it is a good idea to take morning and evening reads. A good monitor will have a memory of, perhaps, the last 30 readings so you can chart how you are doing.
I have also found it useful after exercise (I go cycling) to check my pulse rate and recovery rate. However, a word of caution here - do not start a regime of vigorous exercise without first consulting your doctor. You could do more harm than good!
There are a number of different monitors available on the market but I have found the best value can be obtained online. For example, Boots have a range of home monitors starting at under £30 here .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home